The Department of Health pursues the achievement of the portfolio outcomes in association with a number of other agencies and statutory office holders in the portfolio.
The portfolio incorporates 17 operating portfolio agencies and five statutory office holders as at 24 January 2018.
- Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA)
- Australian Digital Health Agency
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC)
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW)
- Australian Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation Authority (AOTDTA)
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA)
- Australian Sports Commission (ASC)
- Australian Sports Foundation (ASF)
- Cancer Australia (CA)
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ)
- National Blood Authority (NBA)
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- National Health Funding Body (NHFB)
- Professional Services Review (PSR)
- Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA)
- National Mental Health Commission (NMHC)
Note: All portfolio agencies are directly financially accountable to Ministers, Parliament and/or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act (PGPA Act).
Statutory office holders
There are six statutory office holders in the Health portfolio. They exercise independent statutory functions with administrative support from the department.
Five operate in the Department:
- Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- Aged Care Pricing Commissioner
- Gene Technology Regulator
- Director of the National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment scheme
- National Rural Health Commissioner
One operates within the National Health Funding Body:
There are five Regulators: