The Department of Health pursues the achievement of the portfolio outcomes in association with a number of other agencies and statutory office holders in the portfolio.
The portfolio incorporates 17 operating portfolio agencies and 5 statutory office holders as at 24 January 2018.
- Australian Aged Care Quality Agency (AACQA)
- Australian Digital Health Agency
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC)
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW)
- Australian Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation Authority (AOTDTA)
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA)
- Australian Sports Commission (ASC)
- Australian Sports Foundation (ASF)
- Cancer Australia (CA)
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ)
- National Blood Authority (NBA)
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- National Health Funding Body (NHFB)
- Professional Services Review (PSR)
- Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA)
- National Mental Health Commission (NMHC)
Note: All portfolio agencies are directly financially accountable to Ministers, Parliament and/or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
Statutory office holders
There are 6 statutory office holders in the Health portfolio. They exercise independent statutory functions with administrative support from the department.
Five operate in the Department:
- Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- Aged Care Pricing Commissioner
- Gene Technology Regulator
- Director of the National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment scheme
- National Rural Health Commissioner
One operates within the National Health Funding Body:
There are 5 Regulators: