The Department of Health pursues the achievement of the portfolio outcomes in association with a number of other agencies and statutory office holders in the portfolio.
The portfolio incorporates 17 operating portfolio agencies and 5 statutory office holders as at 24 January 2018.
Note: All portfolio agencies are directly financially accountable to Ministers, Parliament and/or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
Statutory office holders
There are 6 statutory office holders in the Health portfolio. They exercise independent statutory functions with administrative support from the department.
Five operate in the Department:
- Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- Aged Care Pricing Commissioner
- Gene Technology Regulator
- Director of the National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment scheme
- National Rural Health Commissioner
One operates within the National Health Funding Body:
There are 5 Regulators:
- Australian Sports Anti-doping Authority
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
- Office of Gene Technology Regulator
- National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme
- Therapeutic Goods Administration