A critical part of our work is to make sure you can access the information and advice you need to support your health and health care. We want to help you lead a healthier and more active life, as well as gain access to aged care and sport services.
We aim to give you information in ways that work best for you. How we communicate will vary depending on what we are communicating. This could include:
- helping you to make choices to improve your health
- encouraging you to use relevant services
- connecting you with other health stakeholders
- providing you with professional education and training information
- informing you about current health, aged care and sport issues, news and updates on what we are doing.
We provide and deliver this information in a number of ways, including through:
- this website and social media
- public health and education campaigns
- the people who deliver services to you
- print and online education materials.
Examples of issues we inform you about:
- mental health care
- physical activity and better nutrition
- chronic disease management
- travel health
- cancer screening programs
- how to stop smoking.
Find out more
Find out more about:
- our public health education and awareness campaigns through our Campaigns Hub
- the latest media alerts, news, events, announcements and ministerial statements in our news section
- our training materials, education resources and publications.