The Department of Health works to three Ministers. The Hon Greg Hunt MP is the Minister of Health. Senator the Hon Bridget McKenzie is the Minister for Rural Health, Minister for Sport and Minister for Regional Communication. The Hon Ken Wyatt AM MP is the Minister for Aged Care and Minister for Indigenous Health.
The department will continue to build organisational capability to support delivery of our purpose. Key areas of capability include:
- Leadership and culture — foster leadership at all levels and invest in an agile, capable workforce
- Strategic policy — improve strategic policy capability to support our health and aged care system
- Governance & delivery — support our work through corporate services that are client focused, professional and cost effective
- Stakeholder engagement — improvement of stakeholder engagement
- Risk management — address complex issues in the health system through better risk approach.