International Clinical Trial Collaborations
The Australian Government is investing in research to drive a new era of better health care and fuel jobs and growth through research.
What we’re funding
$42 million over 5 years to support international clinical trial collaborations.
The purpose of this research funding is to:
- improve patient outcomes
- increase opportunities for patients to participate in clinical trials
- strengthen Australia’s reputation as a global destination for clinical trials.
This program will:
- support international clinical trial collaborations
- enhance the skills and knowledge of Australian researchers
- increase Australia’s reputation as a research powerhouse.
Why it’s important
- Clinical trials guide the development of new drugs, devices, therapies and models of care, and are a significant contributor to the innovation economy.
- Public investment in clinical trials will ensure health system quality, effectiveness and sustainability.
- Clinical trial public investment is roughly proportionate to the burden of disease. This means that less common, low survival rare cancers and rare diseases need further investment. There is an immediate need to increase clinical trial activity into these areas.
How to apply
Further updates on the program and how to apply will be provided throughout 2018. You may wish to register on GrantConnect to ensure you are alerted to all grant opportunities.