MRFF plans to transform health and medical research through six strategic platforms:
- Support stronger partnerships between researchers, healthcare professionals, governments and the community. This will help position Australia as a leader in significant global research, such as tackling antimicrobial resistance.
- Make better use of existing data and infrastructure to help improve our health and medical research.
- Strengthen our health services and systems research to make healthcare more efficient and affordable.
- Develop the skills of researchers and healthcare professionals and encourage collaboration across health and medical research disciplines and sectors.
- Support new and existing clinical trial networks to guide the development of new drugs and devices, new models of care, and improved clinical practice.
- Support researchers to find a commercial partner or investor to help turn their discoveries into every day realities.
8 May 2018