What is research translation?
Research translation is the process of moving research ideas from the lab to the clinic, ensuring new medical discoveries are part of the clinical practice of GPs, specialists and hospitals.
Benefits of research translation
Supporting and funding research translation:
- improves patient outcomes
- creates new approaches to treatment, prevention, diagnosis and the management of disease
- increases collaboration across the health care workforce and systems
- creates jobs and business growth.
Programs such as Rapid Applied Research Translation support this kind of research. This program focuses on:
- patient benefit
- quality and safety
- health system improvement.