Minister Hunt's media
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts from Minister Hunt.
The Hon Greg Hunt MP
Minister for Health
You can narrow down the results using the filters
The Australian Government is investing $400,000 in four innovative research grants to find new ways to protect people at risk of suicide and interventions to prevent suicide.
The Australian Government is providing $5 million for ground-breaking research into the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of eating disorders.
Australia is on track for a record number of flu vaccinations in 2019 with an additional 400,000 flu vaccines to be brought into Australia over the coming weeks to meet unprecedented demand.
- I encourage Australians to get a flu shot to protect themselves against this year’s influenza virus with vaccines now available at GPs offices and community pharmacies.
- The Morrison Government is investing almost $92 million to support better health care for all Tasmanians, improving waiting times for elective surgery, boosting mental health and maternity services and increasing cancer diagnosis scans.
- The Liberal National Government will today launch the National Women’s Health Strategy 2020-2030 with more than $50 million in funding to improve women’s health in areas such as ovarian cancer and endometriosis.
- The Liberal National Government will provide more support for women with endometriosis with new funding to raise awareness of the disease and research to improve the treatment and understanding of this often misunderstood and crippling condition.
- A drug and alcohol residential rehabilitation program specifically for women and run by the people behind one of Australia’s most successful Aboriginal service providers is set to become a reality.
- The Liberal National Government will provide a $6 million investment in St John of God Midland Public Hospital for the construction of a Mental Health Emergency Centre.
- The Australian Government will invest $1.4 million in funding for an Integrated Clinical Training Hub aimed at upskilling medical practitioners and improving services.
- I am concerned about the recent increases in measles cases in Australia and want to make sure our community is well protected against this very serious disease.
- Communities throughout Campaspe will soon have access to state-of-the-art health services and facilities following a $250,000 investment from the Australian Government.
- The Australian Government will commission an updated review of certain natural therapies including a five year update to its 2014-15 review of natural therapies.
- The Liberal National Government is investing an additional $6.3 million for new residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment facilities and services on the North West Coast.
- Three new members have been appointed to the National Mental Health Commission’s Advisory Board to further strengthen the Government’s focus on youth mental health and suicide prevention.
- An additional joint investment of $10 million to the Australian Brain Cancer Mission will bring new hope for children with brain cancer.
- The Liberal National Government will invest $2.3 million over three years to improve health outcomes for the more than 20,000 women who undergo pelvic floor surgical procedures each year.
- The Liberal National Government will commit funding of up to $6.8 million to improve understanding and management of pain by consumers and health professionals.