From 1 July 2019, you will be able to easily compare common costs under a home care package.
This will help you to:
- better understand and compare the services of different home care providers
- work out which aged care provider is best placed to meet your needs
Home care packages provide support to people to help them stay independent for as long as possible. It can help with things like personal care, nursing, shopping, cleaning and household tasks, light gardening, in-home respite, transport, physiotherapy, social activities and modifications to your home.
How will it work?
When you compare providers in the My Aged Care service finder, you will see a new price table.
The table will include clear pricing information for common home care services.
We will require all home care providers to publish their pricing information in this table.
What can I do now?
Right now, you can use the My Aged Care service finder to:
- find a home care provider by postcode, suburb or name
- use other search options such as level of care, language or religion
- compare up to 3 providers
- see basic price information