In November 2018 the Honourable Minister for Health, Greg Hunt, launched the National FASD Strategic Action Plan.
The Strategic Action Plan is a guide for governments, non-government organisations, service providers and communities to help:
- prevent the occurrence of FASD
- manage the lifelong impacts of FASD
The Australian Government also announced more than $7 million in new funding to support activities that align with the Strategic Action Plan.
FASD refers to lifelong physical and brain disorders that can affect unborn and newborn babies due to alcohol exposure during pregnancy.
The Strategic Action Plan and funding will help to:
- prevent, screen and diagnose FASD
- support and manage FASD
- improve online information, tools and support for FASD
- meet the needs of individuals, families and local communities
- inform schools and workplaces
Find out more:
- Read the FASD Strategic Action Plan for more on how it will help to give our children the best start possible.
- Visit the FASD Hub for evidence-based information about FASD.
- Get the facts on alcohol during pregnancy and breastfeeding.