2017–18 Report on the Operation of the Aged Care Act 1997 (ROACA)
This report describes the operation of the Aged Care Act 1997 in 2017–18. It also includes information about aged care programs and policies.
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This report is the twentieth report in the series. The Minister delivered this report to Parliament in accordance with section 63-2 of the Aged Care Act 1997.
As well as meeting the reporting requirements in the Act, the report:
- gives an overview of the aged care system in Australia
- describes the systems and resources that provide information about aged care services
- describes how consumers gain access to those services
- describes the types of services from low to high level care, including flexible care options and respite care
- describes how people who have special needs are supported
- gives an overview of the Australian Government’s contribution to aged care workforce measures
- gives an overview of the compliance frameworks