You can get your vaccine from a range of vaccination providers. In Australia, general practices (your local doctor) generally give vaccines. In addition, you can get vaccines through:
- local council or community health clinics
- Aboriginal Medical Services
- school based immunisation programs
In some situations, vaccinations may also be given at:
- travel medicine clinics
- public hospitals
- staff occupational health clinics
- aged care facilities
Not all of these vaccination providers are able to provide free vaccines under the National Immunisation Program (NIP). Contact your preferred vaccination provider to ask about the specific vaccines they can provide.
Finding a provider near you
To find an immunisation provider near you:
- contact your state or territory health department
- use HealthDirect's free service finder
- call the National Immunisation Hotline on 1800 671 811.
Once you have found a provider, follow our six steps to getting vaccinated.