Working in certain jobs and industries poses a greater risk of getting and/or transmitting some diseases. Many of these can be prevented by vaccination.
Jobs that have a greater risk of getting and/or transmitting a disease preventable by vaccination include:
- healthcare workers, including trainees and students,
- people who look after children,
- carers of people with intellectual disabilities or older people
- people who work in laboratories
- people who work with or are in contact with animals
- anyone exposed to human tissue, blood, body fluids or sewage
- people who work in emergency and essential services.
If you work in any of these jobs, speak to your employer or doctor about which vaccines may be recommended for you.