Our underlying codebase has been updated to include the latest components from the DTA's Design System and to simplify administration. Changes include:
- an updated user interface based on Design System v3 components
- simplified content administration
- reduced download size of pages
- improved presentation of content listings
- a better experience across mobile devices
Why the change?
We wanted to better align our design with the DTA’s Digital Service Standard. Using their Government as a platform principles have helped us improve the user experience and simplify the content authoring process.
Where will you see the changes?
Some of the changes include:
- a new selectable card style has been applied to some elements
- headings are bolder and use system fonts instead of web fonts to so they are easier to read
- hyperlinks are now blue and underlined
- buttons are clearer and more consistent in size, shape and colour
- accordions have larger text and are bordered
- text size adjusts to better suit your screen size when accessing our website on mobile devices
- local navigation menu items are less prominent than body text to reduce distraction
- call-outs and downloadable documents are more prominent so you see and find them faster
- the ‘back to top’ feature on long pages has a larger area for you to click on and appears as you scroll past a single screen
- when you click on a hyperlink, it is shown clearly with a purple border
- all content listings display smaller images on mobile devices so you can see more on smaller screens