Social media channels
We use these social media channels:
Sign up to our Twitter alerts to receive important updates and information in the event of a public health emergency.
What we expect
We welcome comments on our social media pages. When you post to one of our channels, we ask that you:
- protect your personal privacy, and that of others, by not including personal information of either yourself or of others (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- not make defamatory or libellous comments
- be polite — don’t be insulting, abusive, provocative, hateful, obscene, offensive or threatening
- not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- not post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- not promote commercial interests or make overtly party political comments
- not include internet addresses or links to websites
- not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including:
- marital or domestic status
- not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not make comments irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
How we manage and moderate content
We want everyone’s experience on our social media channels to be positive. So, we reserve the right to ignore, block or delete posts and users for any reason.
Our social media channels are external sites and have their own binding terms and conditions. Make sure you’re familiar with the policies of the various channels when you use them.
For posts and displays on our channels, we are not responsible for:
- the views of others
- the accuracy, currency and completeness of information
- links to other websites or social media channels
Always check that any information is current and relevant to your situation.
If you have any queries or concerns about our use of social media, please contact us.